5 Ways to Reduce Inflammation
Let's face it, no matter how healthy we are everyone deals with inflammation at one point or another...it's uncomfortable, stressful and can be harmful if not addressed. There are many causes of inflammation and it's different for everyone because everyone reacts differently to different stressors. But the thing that matters is how to mitigate the effects of inflammation, and make it go away!
So here are 5 helpful tips to reduce inflammation:
- Eat Anti-Inflammatory foods! It's no secret that certain foods cause inflammation, especially if you have intolerances to them...so naturally we can load up on anti-inflammatory inducing foods such as fruits and vegetables and foods containing omega-3 fatty acids. Some of the best sources of omega-3s are cold water fish, such as salmon and tuna, and tofu, walnuts, flax seeds and soybeans.
- Control Blood Sugar - Our Blood Sugar can have major impacts on our health and most people don't even notice the cause. Blood sugar is impacted by simple carbs such as white flour, white rice, refined sugar and anything with high fructose corn syrup...so avoiding these foods and getting closer to whole foods is always best. One other way to help manage blood sugar is by taking a daily Ceylon Cinnamon Supplement. This will help support your heart, blood sugar, and fat-burning metabolism.
- Prioritize exercise - Exercising has been described as like hitting the 'reset' button. It will help blood flow throughout the entire body and have a noticeable impact especially if you include stretching before and afterwards.
- Manage Stress - Easier said than done, but stress impacts the body in so many ways. Stress can induce weight gain, hair loss, joint pain, and even irregularities in hormones. It can be stressful just trying to avoid being stressed! But, it's not all bad there are many tangible ways to help manage our responses to stressful situations such as yoga, meditation, or guided imagery.
- Hydration - Water and being hydrated is absolutely a key to success, especially when battling inflammation. Staying hydrated, having water with lemon juice are very helpful ways to reduce inflammation. One other way that has been researched is adding a Turmeric Supplement to your routine. The curcuminoids in Turmeric help reduce inflammation drastically, and if you do all the above you can be certain your inflammation will improve.
Each day, try to take small steps to improve your health and before you know it you'll be achieving your goals!