Pan Roasted Swordfish Dinner
Swordfish is arguably one of the best eating fish money can buy. Not only are they great sources of protein and healthy fats but it's flaky and firm as well. Because they're so lean you can easily add some butter or olive oil for a healthy fat and energy.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mixed peppercorns, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon (packed) grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 1-inch-thick swordfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mash butter, parsley, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon ground mixed peppercorns, and lemon peel in small bowl. Season to taste with salt.
- Heat oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle swordfish with salt and ground mixed peppercorns. Add swordfish to skillet. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn swordfish over and transfer to oven. Roast until just cooked through, about 10 minutes longer. Transfer swordfish to plates. Add seasoned butter to same skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping up browned bits, until melted and bubbling. Pour butter sauce over swordfish and serve.
- The perfect side dish for these delicious swordfish steaks are roasted brussel sprouts or broccoli. Any hearty vegetable will pair nicely with the fresh taste of butter garlic swordfish!